Q: Car maintainence

asked by on October 06, 2016

My engine oil pressure light, service engine soon light, and tire pressure light is on. What is cause and cost of repairs? I need a mechanic to assess the car because I bought it from a dealer and I don't know about the car.

Hi, thanks for writing in. You will need to have a mechanic scan the computer to see what codes are stored and pressure test the oil pressure to see if it is a sensor or internal engine problem. The tire pressure sensors may be bad, since the batteries built in each sensor only last about 5 years and cost about $50 to $75 each to get them replaced by a tire repair shop. I recommend having one of our certified automotive technicians from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect, diagnose, make any repairs needed to your vehicle.