Q: Car lifted with jack but wheel did not. What happened?

Hi! My dodge nitro rear drivers side tire was flat due to weather and a nail. We used the jack to lift the car. The car lifted and yet the wheel did not. All lug nuts are off and we had to basically shimmy the tire off by scraping it off the ground. Now, the spare wont go on and an inflated version of the tire also wont go on. Why isnt the wheel area lifting but the car did?

You may have a couple different problems. I will start with the jack was not put in the correct lift area and jack will not lift vehicle high enough. Second is the jack is incorrect jack for vehicle or tires are oversized. last is the suspension is not being held up by the shock and the shock is broken. If you have a good shock and still will not lift then you will need to call road service to get tire changed out and then have service person check why it would not lift high enough.

3. Car lifted with jack but wheel did not. What happened?