Q: Car impossible to steer

When my daughter went to park, it was almost impossible to turn the steering wheel. She looked under the car and saw a belt on the ground. I was thinking it could be a tension pulley or one of the clips that needed to be replaced.

A: It is a common problem that the tensioner p...

It is a common problem that the tensioner pulley becomes worn and needs to be replaced. Another problem you may have is the ac compressor locking up and causing the belt to break. A certified technician can help determine the cause of the problem. It could just be that the belt was worn out and needed to be replaced. We recommend replacing the belt around 70,000 miles to prevent failure.