Q: Car has trouble shifting between gears

Greetings, I noticed for a few weeks that when the car needs to shift to the next speed, it does it with a lot of difficulty. It feels like there something " blocking" it to shift up ( by the way the car is automatic). In order for it to shift up, I need to floor it so that the car doesn't drive at 5000 a 6000 rpm without shifting up ( I only get this problem from speed 2 and above). Now this is part 1. I also noticed that when the car needs to downshift ( for example from speed 3 to 2), It does that forcefully( what i mean with this is when the car goes into low rpm and downshifts it feels like I've slammed the brakes for just a second). And part 3: I can't even dare to park or set the car in neutral when i'm on a slope(either steep or shallow) because the car will refuse go forward when I place it in "drive" again. I need to reverse for a few meters , and after that I can drive again normally. I suspect that my transmission shift solenoids are worn out. if possible, any tips & tricks?

A: As you know, automatic transmissions use pr...

As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all as you have described. This can also happen when the transmission is low on fluid due to the lack of hydraulic pressure available in the transmission. I would recommend having an expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your location to take the car for a test drive and diagnose the shifting problem.