Q: Car died while driving. Now the battery gauge stays at zero and the car won't start - 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I was driving car running fine setting at the light it did I tiny little jump then died I pushed car to Wendys trying to start now the battery gauge stays at 0 and it won't start

Hi there. There are a few things that could be wrong with your Jeep. First, it seems as if your battery might be dead; however, this may have been caused by the alternator being damaged, which fails to charge the battery as you’re driving down the road.

Have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to complete a inspection to determine why the car is not starting to find the exact reason why your Jeep won’t start.

3. Car died while driving. Now the battery gauge stays at zero and the car won't start - 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee