Q: car died while driving

I was going 70 mph down the hwy and my car died and would not start back up. So I had it towed home and my son discovered the main engine control (15 amp) fuse was blown. He replaced it and it started up fine. What would cause that to blow? Nothing new had been installed or done to it since an alarm before Christmas was installed.

The issue is the alarm’s power supply is tapped into the main engine control system. By doing this will cause the fuse to pop for the extra load on the system. Either change the location of the alarm’s power supply or change the fuse from 15 amp to 20 amp to accept the added load. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling out, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. car died while driving