Q: Car battery change, stalling afterward. Wondering if it's due to negligence at dealership.

Hello, I recently had the car battery of my Infiniti fx35 (2006) replaced with a new one at an Infiniti dealership.

I was able to start the ignition and drive it one way just fine. When I started my car again, the engine turned over, but the car stalled immediately afterward. I couldn't get anywhere, and was forced to call a towing service.

After researching online, I found that this stalling problem happens when the old car battery is disconnected, because the car's computer resets the idle speed to its factory setting.

So my question is, is this the dealership's fault for not properly preparing my car after the battery change before releasing the vehicle back to me?

A: Hello. It does sound like you are having an...

Hello. It does sound like you are having an issue with the brittle body resetting. This happens when the battery is replaced. Most dealers will also charge for cleaning the throttle body at the same time the battery is replaced as that is usually all that it needs. The dealer wouldn't necessarily be responsible for the charge, but they should have meantioned this to you. If you want to have this idling issue looked at by someone else, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose why the vehicle will not start just to make sure that it is the problem.