Q: Car A/C won't stop blowing even with car turned off, can I unplug blower motor resistor ?

My car a/c won't stop blowing high even with the car turned off and keys out of ignition. it's killed my battery. I have found out thanks to this site it is likely a blower motor resistor. From internet search it seems it is under the glove compartment. I was originally going to pull out the fuse to the high blower but that same fuse also controls my stoplamps which I guess are my brake lights and I will need those. Could I unplug the blower motor resistor instead to get it to stop blowing for now ?

3. Car A/C won't stop blowing even with car turned off, can I unplug blower motor resistor ?