Q: Car A/C won't stop blowing even with car turned off, can I unplug blower motor resistor ?

My car a/c won't stop blowing high even with the car turned off and keys out of ignition. it's killed my battery. I have found out thanks to this site it is likely a blower motor resistor. From internet search it seems it is under the glove compartment. I was originally going to pull out the fuse to the high blower but that same fuse also controls my stoplamps which I guess are my brake lights and I will need those. Could I unplug the blower motor resistor instead to get it to stop blowing for now ?

A: Yes, you can disconnect the resistor or the...

Yes, you can disconnect the resistor or the blower motor to stop the power drain. You can do this until you can get it fixed anyway.