I have 08 g8 gt dod delete and cam swap 3200 stall. It wi...

I have 08 g8 gt dod delete and cam swap 3200 stall. It will not shift out of 3rd gear Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch? I have not checked the brake switch Mechanic'...

I have 08 g8 gt dod delete and cam swap 3200 stall. It will not shift out of 3rd gear Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch? I have not checked the brake switch Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your G8? 2008 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G8 yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes , I ve changed the tcm in the transmission and filter Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Thats all . And where the brake switch is located

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. I will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. It could be a few things 1. Bad shift solenoid 2. Worn band ( A crowbar can be used to press on the servo cover. Try to estimate how much it moves. The spec is .075 or a bit more than 1/16". 1/8" is about the working limit. At 3/16" the band will begin slipping in either 2nd or 4th gear or both.) 3. worn or cracked servo 4. Valve body issue The brake switch info is below ([;ease not your's will be similar to the g6 shown) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW6D7Phn6c4 Start by checking for any trouble codes and then examine mechanical issues.

Ok and thank you . I will check the servo cover
Automotive Expert
My pleasure, good luck with it