Q: Can you put a 2 wheel drive steering column from a 1987 Dodge Dakota fit into a 1987 4 wheel drive dodge Dakota?

My son has a 87 dodge Dakota, his steering column is no good. We can't find a 4 wheel drive steering column. Will a 2 wheel drive steering column from a 87 to 90 fit back in his his without having to change things out. Thank you very much, a concerned mother!!

A: No, these two are not the same. They often...

No, these two are not the same. They often times appear very similar, however typically the spline count is different between the two.