Q: Can you put a 2 wheel drive steering column from a 1987 Dodge Dakota fit into a 1987 4 wheel drive dodge Dakota?

My son has a 87 dodge Dakota, his steering column is no good. We can't find a 4 wheel drive steering column. Will a 2 wheel drive steering column from a 87 to 90 fit back in his his without having to change things out. Thank you very much, a concerned mother!!

No, these two are not the same. They often times appear very similar, however typically the spline count is different between the two.

• Can you put a 2 wheel drive steering column from a 1987 Dodge Dakota fit into a 1987 4 wheel drive dodge Dakota?