Q: Can yall replace/repair a transmission? Please advise. Thank you! 2010 Chevrolet Malibu

My car has a check engine light code P0700. I took it to the dealership and they replaced a part but one day after I got the car back the check engine light came back on. When I took it back I was told that there were metal shavings in the transmission fluid so they had to do a flush. They weren't very helpful and said that it was all they could do but the check engine light is still on. I don't know if the transmission has to be replaced or if it can just be repaired? Thank you!

3. Can yall replace/repair a transmission? Please advise. Thank you! 2010 Chevrolet Malibu