Q: Can't unlock driver's side door

I cannot unlock the driver's side door with the key from the outside or when using the unlock button in the jeep. The unlock button moves, but feels spongy, and doesn't unlock the door.

Hello, it sound like something has seized inside the door. The door panel should come off so a visual inspection can be performed to see if it’s the key tumbler, linkage, or the lock. With the door panel remove items that can be disconnected and the failing component can be narrowed down. If you need assistance, I suggest having a certified mechanic from YourMechanic diagnose your door lock to determine what is causing the problem.