Q: Can't unlock car with key without the alarm going off

I can't unlock my car with my key without the alarm going off

Hi Cody. Thanks for contacting us tonight. What you are describing sounds a lot like a security system default issue, where the control module is not recognizing your keyfob’s security "key" and thus, will activate the alarm when it should not. This can be caused by either a key fob failure (which would require replacement by a Kia dealership in most cases) or a control module failure or stuck error code (another issue that should be completed by a Kia dealership). I would recommend calling your local Kia dealer’s service department to seek their advice on this matter, as security system issues are often handled by dealers or Kia authorized specialists only.

3. Can't unlock car with key without the alarm going off