Q: Can't shift out of park - 2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500

asked by on September 28, 2016

The transmission on the van got stuck in park. The battery died out as well. I had the codes read and the P0705 appeared. The dashboard started showing the check engine light on. I had the battery replaced. The code has been reset. However, I cannot shift out of park. I'm able to put it in reverse or lower gears in drive, if I over-ride shift. There is no other way to shift. So, I cannot run it past 25 mph. What might be causing this?

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2007 Dodge Sprinter. It looks like there is a technical service bulletin that addressed the issue. The electronic shift module will need reprogrammed by the dealer to repair the shifter shifting out of park as per technical bulletin 18-041-07.