Q: Can't accelerate above 35 mph

Can rear motor mount on van keep it from going over 35 mph before it starts vibrating real bad?

Hi. The rear engine mount shouldn’t keep the van from going over 35 mph. Unless it has broken and it caused damaged to the axles or the transmission. It sounds like there is an issue with your transmission not shifting properly causing this problem. There also could be a problem with the catalytic convertor being clogged not allowing the proper exhaust flow. This will cause the engine to choke and not go over a certain speed. If you would like to get a precise diagnosis, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the acceleration problem and follow through with repairs.