Q: Can I use a altinator off any year altima on my 1998 altima

I need to replace my altinator but where I live the pick and pull doesn't have any 98 altimas I don't have the money to buy a new one so I wondered if altinators were interchangeable

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The alternators that are compatible with your vehicle are typically the Nissan Ultima years 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001. What you want to pay attention to is the bolt patterns. Make sure the alternator you pick will match up. You may want to take the old unit with you to the yard if they will let you. Typically any of the alternators with the same design will be interchangeable. This means a completely different makes and models may also fit the vehicle as well. So take pictures, and take the alternator with you to the junk yard. You should be able to find something compatible.

3. Can I use a altinator off any year altima on my 1998 altima