Q: Can I drive with a failed oil sensor?

if the problem is just the oil sensor itself and the oil is fine in the engine can I still drive the car awhile? or is that not advised.

A: If your car has a dip stick by which you ca...

If your car has a dip stick by which you can see how much oil is in the engine, then you should have no problems driving the vehicle with a defective oil level sensor until you can get the sensor replaced. If you have a vehicle that does not have a dip stick and relies on the sensor to monitor the oil level, I would not recommend driving the vehicle very far without knowing how much oil is in the engine.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to replace the sensor.