Q: Can a vehicles paint finish get scratched from blowing dust/contaminates?

I've noticed small light scratches here and there on my vehicle and I'm meticulous with washing once a week or so. I absolutely go NOWHERE near car washes and instead take about 2 hours to do a through rinse of the vehicle and then handwash with a microfiber mit and then another rinse. I also Park far, far away from other people in the parking lot and haven't come out to someone parked next to me. There are not a lot of scratches but I noticed about three Light ones on the rear fender and another light one on the hood. I cannot think of any other reason other then blowing contaminates in the air. It really bothers me becuase I'm OCD and scratches really bother me. Any ideas?

It is possible that debris, like small rocks, are being kicked up by other vehicles on the roadway and striking your vehicle causing scratches. Large trucks kick up more debris than small cars, so you could try avoid driving behind any large trucks.

3. Can a vehicles paint finish get scratched from blowing dust/contaminates?