Q: Camshaft or crankshaft sensor

Owning a Honda stream 2001, the engine drops or shuts off when idling after changing sensors. It is still stalling. What is causing this to happen?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. This is likely a...

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is likely a fuel or air supply issue. The idle air control valve/module is what regulates the flow if air into the throttle body at idle speed. When this is not functioning properly, this will cause an incorrect fuel adjustment to be made which results in an imbalance of the air/fuel ratio. This will cause the car to struggle to idle properly if at all. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.