Q: Campervan E410 not starting

Hi....my campervan fiat e410 was left unused for 10 months due to my mother falling ill and subsqently passing away.I went to start to camper only to find it dead, I replaced the battery, only to find the earth cable overheated and started smoking.a friend to whom works at Halfords replaced the starter motor but that has made no difference and the engine turns over but does not start....im stumped.

Hello there, many common faults will cause your Fiat E410 to not start. You have done well in replacing the battery and starter as these are the most common failure points. Given that your vehicle has sat for so long a few things can happen, battery cable corrosion, fuel going bad, clogged injectors, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your no start condition and make any repairs required to get it started again.

3. Campervan E410 not starting