Q: Busted radiator

2 weeks ago I was driving and the check hybrid system light and warning came on, so I took it in and they said everything was covered under my platinum warranty, so I left it and it took the several days to find out was wrong, they came back with the inverted water pump, they said its fixed and everything was good to go, so I picked it up and then last night I was driving and the check hybrid system light and warning came on. So I called again and they said everything would be covered, so I took it in and they gave me a rental car and I left. This morning they called and said that it was actually my radiator had a hole, so I asked how it happened and they told me a rock. Now this whole week there is no leaking or overheating. That can't prove the rock and said it is now not covered under warranty and I have to pay 800 and something to fix it and the rental.

A: Hello and thanks for taking some time to ta...

Hello and thanks for taking some time to talk about your Toyota. This situation seems to be a problem with the shop. If your vehicle has the platinum warranty and has 37, 000 miles on it, your vehicle should be under warranty. You said that the shop had the vehicle for several days and found an inverted water pump. Now, to my knowledge, if the vehicle was at the shop for several days, they should have seen a hole in the radiator where a rock would have hit the radiator. Plus, if they were to find an issue with the water pump, they should have pressure tested the cooling system. If there was a small leak on the radiator from a rock hitting the radiator, the coolant will leak out during a pressure test. When you said that the warning light came on again and you took it in and the shop found the chipped hole, it is possible that a rock could have hit the radiator. However, since you said that the shop could not verify what hit the radiator, they would have to replace the radiator under warranty. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to check the radiator to see if there is a hole in it, and find out why the check hybrid system light and warning light is on.