Q: Burned up DPFE sensor. What caused this problem?

The DPFE sensor burned up and the car is loosing power. Will this happen to a new one if I put it on.

A: Hi there. The DPFE sensor is actually a com...

Hi there. The DPFE sensor is actually a common problem on Ford vehicles. Replacing the DPFE sensor should resolve the issue you are experiencing. If you are in doubt about this repair, I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a qualified professional to test the DPFE system to determine its integrity and diagnose the vehicle’s loss of power. If any other issues are found during this inspection, I would recommend resolving those issues prior to replacing the DPFE sensor.