Q: Bubbling battery

Replaced starter, battery, and alternator. After starting truck, general light comes on dash, the battery bubbles, and the alternator gets fried. Have replaced battery and alternator again and same thing happens. Could it be the ECM?

Hi, thanks for your question. This may be likely related to the voltage regulator. This is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator. When this is not working properly, it can undercharge or overcharge (this sounds like your issue) the battery. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Bubbling battery