Q: brakes won't hold fluid

My brakes won't work. As I pump the brake, fluid comes out of the rear drivers side wheel. Initially I thought it may be a line rusted out but upon further exam... noticed the lines look pretty dry. Any info would greatly help. Thank you in advance.

The rear brakes on the 2000 Villager are drum brakes operated by a wheel cylinder that is bolted to a steel backing plate and covered by the brake drum. If there is no visible external leak, yet brake fluid is leaking at that wheel that means the seals in the wheel cylinder have failed. The wheel cylinder will have to be replaced and if the brake shoes were contaminated by brake fluid they might have to be replaced as well (it might be possible to use a solvent to clean off incidental contamination; if the brake shoes are soaked in brake fluid it’s more difficult.). Once the repair is complete, all air has to be removed from the brake lines. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request drum brake service - wheel cylinder replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. brakes won't hold fluid