Q: Brakes rubbing

Would removing my brake master cylinder cause my brakes to release from the rotor?

This is not likely. The caliper may be stuck in the clamped position due to a problem inside the caliper or a clog/blockage in the brake line. A technician can open the bleeder screw on the caliper and if the caliper releases at this point, the problem is in the flexible brake hose or brake line. If fluid moves freely and the caliper will still not move, the caliper itself it seized. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out, take a closer look and offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. Brakes rubbing