Q: brakes

whenever I step on my brake pedal it sounds like the back is grinding, or like something is dragging underneath, any idea what it is exacty?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Your brake pads likely need to be replaced. That grinding you are hearing is most likely metal-on-metal friction due to a lack of brake pad material. You can inspect the brake pads to see if there is any material left on them. If not, simply replace them and make sure you did not damage your rotors. These can be measured and machined if needed. If the brake pads are fine, you may want to clean the brakes to make sure nothing is stuck between the pad and rotor. For more help with an inspection or changing the pads, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.