Q: Brake pedal quit working once

I've recently purchased this pre-owned car and the mechanic checked it to make sure everything is working fine. They said it's all good. When I started the car and the operating temperature was normal, I applied the brake pedal but it seemed off. When I took off the emergency brake and put it in reverse, I've noticed that the brake doesn't work at all. I put it in park and kept pumping the brake. I floored the pedal and it eventually started moving normally. After that, I drove the car and had no further problems. I'm wondering if it's safe to drive the car and if this might happen again. What do you think? Should I get the brakes checked again?

A: Absolutely. Get this puppy checked out thor...

Absolutely. Get this puppy checked out thoroughly before driving it further to avoid a dangerous problem. Something isn’t right - possibly a problem with the brake fluid or brake cylinders. Not having reliable brakes is a serious safety hazard. If you would like to have an expert inspect the brake system for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to have this repaired.