Q: Black exhaust - 2004 Honda CR-V

My car exhaust is always black despite the fact that it produces steam in the morning

Black smoke coming from the exhaust is usually an indication of a rich fuel condition. When this happens, it can be the result of many things such as faulty fuel injectors, a failing mass air flow sensor, or a faulty fuel pressure regulator allowing too much fuel to be supplied to the combustion chamber and burnt. When this happens, the result is an excess amount of unburnt fuel being passed through the exhaust coming out in the form of black smoke.

I would recommend having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose your exhaust system and suggest the needed repairs.

3. Black exhaust - 2004 Honda CR-V