Q: Belt drive kit - tension assembly 2008 Nissan Sentra

Hi, I was told that I need to replace ternsioner assembly and belt.... I bought a "belt drive kit" it looks like the tensioner and comes with a belt so I thought I bought the right thing..... pleeeease tell me if these are the same things or if I bought the wrong thing.

Hi there - without seeing both the "kit" and the vehicle, it’s hard to say for sure. But - it sounds like you purchased the correct parts - belt, tensioner and idler pulley. For assistance with this project, I recommend a serpentine belt replacement service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.