Q: Belt drive kit - tension assembly 2008 Nissan Sentra

Hi, I was told that I need to replace ternsioner assembly and belt.... I bought a "belt drive kit" it looks like the tensioner and comes with a belt so I thought I bought the right thing..... pleeeease tell me if these are the same things or if I bought the wrong thing.

Hi there - without seeing both the "kit" and the vehicle, it’s hard to say for sure. But - it sounds like you purchased the correct parts - belt, tensioner and idler pulley. For assistance with this project, I recommend a serpentine belt replacement service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Belt drive kit - tension assembly 2008 Nissan Sentra