Q: Battery weak after leaving radio on

After leaving my car radio on, my battery was weak and I barely got my car started. I let it run for a while, after I did get it started. Can I expect trouble from my battery going forward?

Hello. Having a battery that has been run down, needs a jump to get the car running again, but is able to hold a charge and operates normal afterwards, may be fine; it depends on the age of the battery. The average life of a battery is about 4 years - less if you have large seasonal changes. If the battery is new, it should be fine. If it has a couple of years on it, the battery will let you know it’s on its way out, by producing slower cranking speeds than you’ve had before. If you notice slower cranking speeds that are constantly getting slower and weaker, it’s probably time for a new battery. I recommend hiring an experienced mechanic to service your battery.