Q: Battery keeps draining can it be a relay? 2007 GMC Sierra 1500

asked by on November 21, 2016

A have a good battery about 2 years old the alternator is good can it b a relay that's draining my battery

Hello - yes, it could be a stuck relay, or some other electrical component that is not shutting off when it should. To isolate the source of the battery drain, connect an ammeter to the positive (red) battery cable, observe the current drain (likely less than 1 amp), then, one at a time, remove each fuse, check to see if the current drain has dropped to near 0, then reinsert the fuse. This process should identify the faulty circuit in most cases. A professional mechanic, like YourMechanic, can perform this procedure for you, and replace/repair the failing component.