Q: Battery drain, car has to be jump-started

The battery in my car keeps dying out. I have recently replaced it with a new one. But, after five days, the battery was dead again and I had to jump-start the car. Something is draining it when the engine is off. How can prevent this?

The voltage will be monitored at the battery while removing circuit protectors to find the area where there may be a short causing a component to be continuously powered on. In some cases, a door ajar switch will malfunction and cause the interior lights to stay on as if the door was left open. Have an automotive technician experienced in automotive electrical systems perform a parasitic drainage test on the vehicle to diagnose the problem with your battery and have the appropriate repairs.

3. Battery drain, car has to be jump-started