Q: Battery drain, car has to be jump-started

The battery in my car keeps dying out. I have recently replaced it with a new one. But, after five days, the battery was dead again and I had to jump-start the car. Something is draining it when the engine is off. How can prevent this?

A: The voltage will be monitored at the batter...

The voltage will be monitored at the battery while removing circuit protectors to find the area where there may be a short causing a component to be continuously powered on. In some cases, a door ajar switch will malfunction and cause the interior lights to stay on as if the door was left open. Have an automotive technician experienced in automotive electrical systems perform a parasitic drainage test on the vehicle to diagnose the problem with your battery and have the appropriate repairs.