Q: Allen bolt going into my caliper is stripped

Yesterday I went to change my brakes on my care, for the driver side done no problem. I went to the passenger side and both top and bottom Allen bolts going into my caliper were stripped bad enough where i couldn't get enough grip to brake them loose. Need advice and tips for a quick and cheap way to get them loose.

If the "head" of the fastener is accessible, you would simply use a "bolt-out" tool. That tool will absolutely remove the bolt BUT the head has to be accessible. If the bolt head is recessed in the part, you have no choice but to drill out the fastener and/or you could drill a pilot hole and use an easy out. If the calipers have more than 75,000 miles on them, don’t waste your time trying to salvage them because they should be replaced anyway. So, in the event of high mileage, just remove the brake line, unbolt the torque plate from the steering knuckle and buy rebuilt AC Delco (or comparable) loaded calipers with pads and torque plate already reconditionined. Calipers eventually get sticky and then wreak havoc with new pads and rotors and the uniform advice I give when it comes to brakes is save yourself inevitable headaches: if you need front brakes, disconnect the caliper, buy loaded calipers and new rotors from a REPUTABLE vendor (dealer, AC Delco, etc.), bleed the entire system, and you won’t have to worry about the result. YourMechanic can assist you with any phase of this brake repair; let us know how we can help you.