Q: Air conditioning not working on my truck

We had an 85 degree day yesterday, tried to start up the A/C and nothing but hot air came out. I have tried it a couple times since then and it isn't working. Has Chevrolet had any recalls I've missed? I don't think that having it repaired should be an issue but I wanted to find out more about any suspected A/C problems on this truck.

When I looked up your vehicle I see many recalls that may pertain to your model but none are for the A/C system. I would contact your dealer for the possible safety recalls for that vehicle. The A/C system, if it was not used all season, may have leaked out refrigerant from the compressor or a seal in the system.

The system would need to be diagnosed to see if it is full of refrigerant or if it’s low, and has leaks that need to be located. The compressor and manifold lines are the most common failures in this system. Have the system check out by a certified mechanic who can diagnose and fix your A/C.