Q: After short drive, car will not restart on next trip

First thing in the morning, my car does start very well. The problem comes after I have taken a short drive to the store, for example, and then return home. After that, my car does turn over but it will not start. What I have found helps is to get out of the car, open the hood, and then start the car. It seems by opening the hood the air around the engine cools and then it will start. There is no gas smell, so I’m thinking it is not a flooding problem. This problem is making my car to be very unreliable. What should I do to get it back in good performance?

Hello there, thanks for writing in about your 1989 Honda CRX. The main (fuel pump) relay and the ignition control module are known contenders for this Honda hot-start problem. A professional mechanic, such as YourMechanic, can help with diagnosis and repair the starting issue.