Q: After giving another car a jump, what could cause the fuel pump fuse to keep blowing when the car is cranked?

asked by on August 10, 2017

After giving a car a jump, my car ran fine for awhile. Then, out of no where, I was driving home and the car just quit. I replaced the Fuel Pump Relay. When I turn the ignition on, I can't hear the Fuel Pump prime. Also, The Fuel Pump fuse located on the side of the dashboard Keeps blowing when the ignition is turned on. What is short circuiting to make the fuse keep blowing?

The most likely cause of the fuel pump fuse to blow is the fuel pump is drawing too many amps or you have the incorrect size fuse in the fuse socket. If correct fuse is in socket then disconnect fuel pump connection and see if fuse still blows? If it does not blow then replace the pump and filter.