Q: Advice on fitting new brake pads

Would fitting new brake pads and turning piston caliper with pushing brake fluid back in the master cylinder harm in any way the ABS, or is opening the bleeder screw a better option?

Yes, open the bleeder screw. ABS systems are really complicated and expensive. On the old cars, you just squeeze them without worrying about it. But, when you are doing that one caliper, just open the brake bleeder over the pan there and get some fluid and squeeze it.

You’re getting the dirty fluid out anyway so get it right in the pan. When you’re done with the brake job, bleed a little with a bleeder valve there when you are done doing the job. It’s a lot safer doing it this way. If you would like to have your brake pads replaced for you, a technician from YourMechanic can service your vehicle at your home or office.