Q: ACURA TSX 2013 slow start / won't start

Hi! My Acura TSX 2013 (base) is giving me issues. The doors open, the lights come on for the dash, the headlights come on.. But when I turn the key it cranks a few times then stops. I try again - same thing. I try a third and sometimes a fourth time and eventually it catches and the engine starts. Other than this - no issues with the car, drives smooth, accelerates fine. Can't hear any rattling.

It is worse when it's a cold start, usually if I get it to start, then turn it off and try again, it starts almost right back up. Battery and alternator checked out fine at Autozone. Is it ABSOLUTELY the starter or could it be something else? Thank you!

The battery should be load tested and you should receive, or at least view, a print-out of the test results. The test results should show what percentage of the original rated CCA is available. You have to first be sure the issue is not a faulty battery. If the battery only marginally passes the load test, replace the battery outright. With a confirmed good battery, if the starter does not function normally there is a voltage drop on the starter circuit and/or the starter motor is faulty. Voltage drops are due to poor electrical connections. To distinguish between the two causes requires some simple tests. To resolve this, the recommended service is a hard starting diagnostic which service can be performed right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.