Q: A/C V-belt keeps going bad within six months.

AC belt keeps going bad 87 Fiero discuss the V belt I tighten it and tighten it and keeps going bad just changed it with a Sears DieHard this is the second one within 6 months

A: Hi there. Check the angle of the V-belt as...

Hi there. Check the angle of the V-belt as its mounted on the air conditioner pump. For the belt to burn off or decay that fast, either the belt is too tight, too loose, or the pulley is offset from the crankshaft pulley. Look at the pulley in a straight line and see if its at an angle. If there is an angle, then adjust the a/c bracket to make the belt more straight. If the belt is in a straight line, then adjust the belt to where the longest part of the belt is only the width of the belt loose. This will ensure that the belt is not too tight and not too loose. If you need further assistance with your a/c belt adjustments, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.