Q: ABS comes on when not needed

The ABS comes on when not needed, usually when slowing from about 5 MPH or less to 0, often while turning at the same time, such as when pulling into a parking spot. The light has come on several times. Two or three times it said to service the ABS, and once it said something about the traction.

The ABS and traction control are part of the same system. The electronic brake control module (EBCM) receives input from the wheel speed sensors, as well as other vehicle sensors. It then uses this information to apply the brakes and adjust engine load during low traction and/or emergency braking situations. It sounds like one of the wheels speed sensors is faulty. It’s likely that at low speeds the sensor signal is dropping out. I suggest you have a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle’s ABS Light firsthand to see what repairs should be made.