Q: A/C fuse removed, then EC button pushed before A/C cools

The EC light on my car stays on continually. I raised the hood and pulled the AC fuse, replaced it, then pushed the EC button so the light would go off. Now the air conditioning works perfectly. However, any time that I have turned the car off, then I have to go through this whole process again before I can get any air conditioning. What is causing this and what can I do to fix this problem?

Hello. It is possible that you could have an issue with your climate control unit. Many of the higher end climate control systems have a trouble code system built into them. Usually, to access the trouble codes you will need to press certain buttons in a certain sequence in order for any trouble codes to be displayed. If any codes are displayed by your climate control unit, write them down and check what the codes mean.

If the climate control head is not the cause of your issue, it is also possible that you could have a short in the electrical system somewhere causing this to happen. A full electrical system inspection would be required in order to determine for sure if a short exists.