Q: 99 accord shifts funny feels like it's not engaging in gear.Tranny got swapped still has the same symptoms

99 accord shifts funny and feels like it's not fully engaging in gear. gets worse as it warms up. Tranny got swapped and still has the same symptoms plus now the speedometer doesn't work. Would even jump into reverse from time to time

In some circumstances, it might be difficult to distinguish between an engine problem and a transmission problem. And, it is possible for faults to exist in both "segments" especially if the vehicle is older. Installing used transmissions is absolutely not recommended. If a transmission has failed, it should be carefully and thoroughly rebuilt, incorporated all the often upgraded parts that are vended (transmissions are often improved with time as more is learned about their actual operation in the field) because otherwise diagnostic headaches are all but guaranteed down the road. At this point, the possibility of engine (or clutch) problems should be ruled out and to do that the recommended service is a transmission shift diagnostic. If the transmission is faulty it will have to be rebuilt; some YourMechanic professionals in certain locales are equipped to do that (I do it, but I’m in Ohio) and you can simply inquire based on your locale. If you request the shift diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 99 accord shifts funny feels like it's not engaging in gear.Tranny got swapped still has the same symptoms