Q: 94 Chevy k1500 signal fuse will blow every time I disengage the clutch as I rev to pull out in 1st

Signal fuse blows as I rev engine to pull out and disengage clutch... will not blow. The car is sitting still on the driveway

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to provide my insight. This is very likely a grounding or a shorting problem. This may also be related to the brake lights being activated in conjunction with the clutch pedal being pressed and released. As you may know, the brake lights are also on the same circuit as the turn signals. If there is a short or a grounding problem with either of these this may cause the fuse to blow when the circuit is supplied with too much power. I would recommend checking for any exposed or melted wires as this may indicate a short or grounding problem.

If you would like help inspecting this issue, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

• 94 Chevy k1500 signal fuse will blow every time I disengage the clutch as I rev to pull out in 1st