Q: Charging system

Car stalled twice in one day while driving. Earlier that morning engine hesitated to start. Battery, starter, alternator has been eliminated. Strange engine noise just prior to engine stalling and losing power. All console lights stayed on. Lights stayed bright. Engine would not start. Just one click when attempting to start even with jumper cables and batter charger.

Hello, There are only a few thigs that would contribute to the entire vehicle losing power completely. Things like a weak battery, a failing alternator or potentially a failed ECM would cause this. In some very rare situations, this may be caused by a major electrical short, however that would not be the case since your lights remained on. I would suggest checking the starter solenoid as this is an item that would produce a clicking sound when trying to start the car. You may also want to have the computer scanned for any fault codes which may indicate a problem that could have caused the computer to go into a"safe mode" or limp mode. I wuld recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Charging system