Q: 2011 kia sorento "jerking" between 60-80mph on freeway. Mileage is 64000

asked by on October 09, 2017

While on freeway, between 60-80 mph, car jerks, then goes back to normal. Happened twice this morning.

Car jerks forward at high speeds Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

An issue like this is not unusual and can be resolved if you request an engine diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, the certified mechanic would come to your location and run through all the possible causes of engine misoperation at speed and those possibilities include exhaust manifold leaks, worn seals or gaskets in the exhaust system, a failing catalytic converter causing exhaust blockages, malfunctioning oxygen sensors, dirty fuel injectors, fuel pump malfunction, faulty spark plugs, a faulty mass airflow sensor and vacuum leaks. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr