Q: 2010 VW Routan. current meilage is 56500 the freeway MPG is 24 which is good howver the local mpg now drop from 17 to 11. Why?

asked by on April 11, 2017

2010 VW Routan. current meilage is 56500 the freeway MPG is 24 which is good however since last year the local mpg now drop from 17 to 11. Why?

Car is getting worse gas mileage Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Gas mileage can be affected by vehicle condition, tire pressure, or even driving style. If you have been sharing the use of the car in the past year, it could be that your partner has a heavier foot than you do. Weather or not you have been the only driver of the car, you will want to check your tire condition and pressure. After that, there are a number of mechanical factors that can come into play. The condition of the filters, The Mass air flow meter, and the Oxygen sensors can play a big part. You can have all these things conveniently checked by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your fuel economy problem and let you know what it will take to get things right again.