Q: My EPS light came on and then the indicator that my hybrid battery is low came on. Car lost power and won't start. Prius v

asked by on May 02, 2017

My EPS warning light came on and then the indicator that my hybrid battery is low. The car lost power. I tried charging the battery but it still wouldn't start.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The main problem which needs your focus is the charging issue. The EPS light for your electronic power steering is being caused due to the lack of power available. This is also why it will not start. Due to the complexity and dangers that come with Hybrid charging systems, it is always recommended that you have at least basic training before you attempt to work on the vehicle. In particular, any wire that is yellow, orange, or red in a Hybrid should be avoided unless properly trained. You are going to want to speak with a technician about getting the vehicle inspected, focusing on the battery packs which may not be holding a charge. With that being said, make sure you speak with a technician whom is Hybrid trained and qualified. In your situation, dealing with the Hybrid rechargeable battery packs, this detail is critical.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr