Q: 2007 Nissan Murano died while driving

asked by on February 05, 2016

Car died while driving.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Two very common causes of a vehicle to die while driving would be the fuel pump, or the alternator. If the fuel pump has gone bad, the engine will no longer receive any fuel from the tank and will not run. If the alternator has gone bad, the electronics of the vehicle will begin running off of the battery instead until the battery dies, which also kills the vehicle.

Other symptoms of a bad fuel pump include cranking but no start, and low fuel pressure. Other symptoms of a bad alternator include lights going dim, and electronic accessories such as the radio not working.

I would recommend having one of these systems inspected by a professional, such as mechanic from YourMechanic.