Q: 2006 330i no start, car died on highway

While driving on highway, car suddenly stalled, and I lost the power steering and power brakes. I was able to pull over safely, but car would not start after that. It still cranks and battery is good. I had it towed back to my place. With a generic code reader, I pulled the following codes from vehicle- P1554 (2 times) crank shaft inlet camshaft P1553 crankshaft exhaust camshaft correction bank 1 P0139 O2 sensor circuit slow response bank 1 sensor 2 P0159 O2 sensor circuit slow response bank 2 sensor 2 P0341 Camshaft Sensor Inlet Signal

When I tried to reset the codes and start vehicle, it was trying to start very harshly. It turns, but turns very loud. Doesnt fire up though. Before car died on freeway, transmission was shifting fine, everything was normal. I do have a oil leak under the oil filter housing as well. Its just scary hearing that horrible engine noise trying to start it.

Hi There, The codes related to the O2 sensors (P0139 and P0159) relate to potentially a leaking fuel injector or too much fuel in the exhaust stream as the fuel is cut off when decelerating. This in effect, causes the moor to essentially choke on its own excess fuel that it is unable to burn efficiently, which is what causes the rough running condition.

The other codes related to the crankshaft and camshaft sensors indicate a spark or timing problem that results when either of these sensors is faulty or does not have a proper connection. When this happens, this results in misfires and ignition problems, which can also cause very rough running conditions or stalling. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. 2006 330i no start, car died on highway