Q: 2004 Ford Falcon XR6 automatic (BA) makes increasingly loud noise when accelerating except when turning left.

Basically the same as the headline. Got it serviced a month ago replacing the fan belt and flushing the steering fluid. Initially thought it could have been the fanbelt wearing in but found the noise ceased when i turned the steering wheel left (weird i know.)

Any help would be great!

Hi there. The first step in identifying the cause of a noise involves pinpointing its location. If the noise is coming from either side of the vehicle, it’s possibly due to a faulty wheel bearing. If the noise comes from the front, it’s likely a loose serpentine or drive belt. Diagnosing a noise is always easier when a professional mechanic can come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection.

• 2004 Ford Falcon XR6 automatic (BA) makes increasingly loud noise when accelerating except when turning left.